In the Name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful Imaam Nawawi says, “One should be especially observant in reciting Surat Ya Sin (36), Surat al Waqia (56) and Surat al Mulk.(67)”
The Benefits of Yasin (36)
1. The Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Surely everything has a heart, and the heart of the Qur’an is Yasin. I would love that it be in the heart of every person of my people'[Bazzar]. (S.Muhammad Ali Sabuni, Tafsir-al-SabuniVol.2)
2. The Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Whoever recites Yasin once Allah will record the reward of reciting the Qur’an ten times.'[Maqal, Tirmidhi 2812/A & Dhahabi]
3. It has been reported by Aisha (radiAllahu anha)that the Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said that there is a surah in the Qur’an that intercedes for itsreciter and forgive its listener. Know! It is Surah Yasin. It is called ‘Mu’amma’ in the Torah. It was enquired, what is Mu’amma? The Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘it embraces the person with the goodness of this world and removes the dismay of the Hereafter’[Hashiya of Tafsir Jalalalayn , pg 368].
4. The Prophet said, ‘Whoever recited Surah Yasin in the night seeking Allah’s pleasure, Allah would forgive him'[Ibn Hibban, Darimi 3283/A, Abu Yala, Tabarani, Baihaqi & Ibn Mardawaih]
5. Ma`qil ibn Yasar (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him, his family, companions, andfollowers) said,”Ya Sin is the heart of the Qur’an. No one reads it intending thereby Allah and the Next Abode except that Allah forgives them. Recite it for your deceasedones.” [Related by Ahmad, Abu Dawud, Nasa’i (this wording is his), and Hakim, who deemed it rigorously authenticated (sahih)]
6. Imam Ghazali explained that this is because soundness of faith rests on acknowledging Resurrection and Judgment, and Surat Ya Sin details this in the most emphatic of ways. Imam Fakhr al-Din al-Razi concurred.
7. Imam Tibi explained in his commentary on Mishkat al-Masabih that Surat Ya Sin was called ‘the Heart of the Qur ‘an ‘ because of what it contains of overwhelming proofs, decisive signs, subtle spiritual meanings, eloquent admonition, and stern warnings.
The benefits of Surah al Waqiah (56)
8. The Prophet said, ‘Whoever recites surah al Waqiah at night would never encounter poverty’ [Ibn Sunni 620]
9. The Prophet said, ‘Surah al Waqiah is the Surah of Wealth, so recite it and teach it to your children'[Ibn Asakir]
The Benefits of Surah al Mulk (67)
10. The Prophet said, ‘There is a surah in the Qur’an which is only thirty verses. It defended whoevere\recited it , until it puts him into paradise ‘ i.e.Surah al Mulk[Fath al Qadir 5/257, Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Tabrani inAl-Awsat & Ibn Mardawaith]
11. The Prophet said, ‘Surah al Mulk is the protector from the torment of the grave ‘[Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Hakim 2/498 & Nasai]
12. Jabir (radiAllahu anhu) said it was the custom of the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam not to go to sleep until he had read Tabarakalladhi Biyadihil Mulk and Alif Laam Meem Tanzeel. [Ahmad, Tirmidhi and Darami]
13. Anas (radiAllahu anhu) reported Rasulullah (sallallahu alaiyhi wasalam) as saying, “There is a Surah which will plead for its reciter\till it causes him to enter paradise (Tabarakalladhi Biyadihil Mulk).”[Tabrani]”